“Though blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ, we are still in ourselves just “miserable sinners”: “miserable sinners” saved by grace to be sure, but “miserable sinners” still, deserving in ourselves nothing but everlasting wrath.” – B. B. Warfield
This site contains the personal thoughts of one such ‘miserable sinner’. An individual who realises that they rightly deserve nothing but God’s wrath, but have been spared by God’s abounding grace through the blood shed by Jesus Christ. My name is Brett Lee-Price, a Particular Baptist currently residing in Sydney, Australia, and theologically aligned with the 1677/89 London Baptist Confession of Faith. Having came from a broken, dysfunctional, and non-Christian household, I became a Christian in my early-to-mid 20s, and have been married to my wonderful, gracious, and long-suffering wife, Lucy, for almost a decade.
Having several degrees in Theology (Morling, CBTS (currently)) and History (UNSW, MQ), I am currently focusing on the life and theology of Arthur Walkington Pink. However, in addition, I have a very keen interest in Church History, specifically in the areas of Byzantine Christianity, the Reformation (especially the work of Andreas Karlstadt), and the development of Baptist thought. I sometimes have my thoughts and articles published, including for both Evangelical Action and Reformation Today. I am also the General Manager of Tulip Publishing, an Australian Reformed publishing house, and a co-founder and curator of The Arthur W. Pink Archive.
Because for all of us, there’s only two ways to live.
Publications by Brett Lee-Price
(From 2019 onwards)
- “May He Here Use Us to His Glory”: The Australian Sermons of A.W. Pink, 1925-1928, Edited by Brett Lee-Price (Lansvale: Tulip Publishing, 2021) – Forthcoming
- ‘Caesar and Civil Disobedience: Points for Reflection’, Evangelical Action (Jul-Sep 2020), Vol. 3, 31-39.
- ‘Arminian, Pelagian? Potato, Potatoe?’, Evangelical Action (Jan-Mar 2020), Vol. 1, 33-39.
- ‘Pink and the Gospel “Offer”‘, Reformation Today (May-June 2019), iss. 289, 23-31.
- ‘We’ve Got a Pelegian Obsession’, Evangelical Action (Jan-Mar 2019), Vol. 1, 29-32.
- ‘The Particular Baptists in Australia’, Parresia Books. https://www.parresiabooks.org/post/the-particular-baptists-in-australia (Dec 8, 2020)
- ‘Was Pink a Theonomist?’, The A.W. Pink Archive. https://awpink.org/2021/03/30/was-pink-a-theonomist/ (Mar 30, 2021)